The previous post discussed the points for a coach to determine if they are ready to coach. So it’s only fair to have another five questions for the person to be coached. There are five questions to uncover your readiness to be coached and accept improvement and change.
Here are the five questions for you to discover your readiness for being coached…
- Are you looking to make changes?
- Are you ready to take responsibility for where you are and where you want to move to?
- Are you open to challenge and fresh perspectives?
- Are you ready to be the best you can be and not to sabotage yourself in any way?
- Are you willing to be different and take the action that is necessary?
It is best to write out your answers to the above questions so you can review your actual answers and get mentally ready to be coached to the highest level of success in the area you wish to go.
Again, let’s look at the answers to the questions and what you need to look for in your responses. Here are some points for review for each question…
- The only good coaching assignments are when the person being coached is totally willing and ready to change. Change is the key to improvement and getting better. Anyone who is unwilling to change their ways and particularly their habits are not ready for any coaching situation because they will limit their own success due to the lack of change.
- Denial is the root cause of negative emotions and responses. It is is a powerful emotion that keeps people in their old ways and unaware of the need to change. It all starts when an individual can clearly see their current situation and compare the actual situation to where they want to be in the future. Taking responsibility is the next biggest step. Responsibility is the trigger to getting things done.
- Being open to new ideas is the key to progress. If you are resistant to change, have fixed opinions about everything or you have a closed mind to any change then reconsider being coached because you will be resistance to helpful new ideas.
- Here is the 64 dollar question, are you ready to become the best person you can be? Are you open to new ideas and methods? Are you sure that certain beliefs you have are not holding you back from being successful? Self-limiting beliefs are the number one killer of personal progress.
- Having the ability and knowledge to improve is only half the process, the real progress takes place when you are ready to take the actions and action steps necessary for improvement to take place. Enjoy the journey and be the very best you can be.
There you have the test to discover your readiness to be an excellent student to the coaching process. Enjoy the journey and get ready to move to the next level.